Pages

Wednesday 22 July 2015

NEVER USE THIS ON YOUR HAIR

Hi, i haven't been here for ages.

No real reason I just haven't, but I'm back.

Today's post is about Sun In, that looks like this:

It can also come in a white bottle, any heat or sun activated hair lightener is a big no no! I used sun-in and was pleased with the result, I heard stories of people straightening their hair and it snapping, my hair being quite strong didn't but then I rarely straighten my hair (about 3 times a year, tops). 

The problem came tester day, my friend works at a hairdressers and managed for me to get my hair highlighted for £20!!! But... when I told them I used sun in about two years ago(very over exaggerated) I used it about a year ago but didn't want my hair to not be done. I chose my colour(a white silver toned blonde) then they took a strand to test. They bleached it and straightened it, the result, my hair when weirdly stretchy and would just snap if a brush when though it.

Sun-in cannot wear out, the lightening properties might, but the chemicals don't. The outside of my hair shaft is very healthy as the hairdresser told me, it's the inside that is chemically damaged, the ingredients in the bleach reacted with the sun in on my hair. So DONT USE SUN IN. 

The only real way to solve this issue is by cutting it out, which for it grow back would take YEARS AND YEARS, but to help I'm going to use a repairing mask, hopefully to help repair my hair. Have you ever used sun-in? 

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, will avoid, my hair is like this though and I have never used this, maybe it's just from dying hair so much!

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    'Why Have one, When you can have two?//Apparel Candy Review*'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did use this on my hair in my younger days and it was a huge mistake. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com